Here are notes from the Vernon Township Democratic Committee meeting of February 27, 2017.
- Discussion of environmental concerns with pipeline of the Wawayanda Power Plant
- Jennifer Hamilton running for state senate addressed the group and discussed positions on various issues
- Kate Matteson running for state assembly addressed the group and discussed positions on various issues
- Discussion of ways to improve our visibility within the community
- Hold monthly meetings. Reserve Vernon Township Seniors Lunch room 2nd Tuesday of each month. To be confirmed before next meeting.
- Place ad in Advertiser posting the place, date and time of next meeting & goals/positions of our group & how it is serving the community
- Post date, time and place of next meeting on Facebook page of Vernon Township Democratic Committee. FB page needs to be created ASAP. Joanne Hinksmon offered to set up the page.
- Go on township website to find date and time of every open Municipal meeting. Attend with as many members as possible and email report of meeting to all committee members or post to FB page. Our attendance at these meetings will be discussed at our next meeting.
- Submit request for booth at Vernon Day, $15.00 for non-profit and other events such as earth day to set up booth for voters’ registration.
- Attempt to contact other Democratic organizations in the community
Do you like this post?