The Sussex County Democratic Party will hold its 2018 Convention on Sunday, March 25, in the Walden Village Clubhouse (1 Rolling Brook Way and Route 94, Hamburg). Registration will begin at 8:30 AM. The Convention will be called to order at 9:30 AM . The purpose of this Convention will be to endorse Democratic candidates for county, state, and federal level offices, and for recommending issue statements to those candidates when deemed appropriate by the Convention. Endorsed candidates will receive the SCDC line on the ballot for the Democratic primary to be held on June 5, 2018.
The Democratic Municipal Chairs (or acting Chairs) are responsible for assembling and speaking for the delegations from their individual communities. Each community will sit and caucus together during the convention.
The rules describe the delegation as follows:
• All elected, or properly appointed, members of the Sussex County Democratic Committee including Executive Board Members, and the chairs of the various Democratic Municipal Committees organized in Sussex County.
• All registered Democrats residing in Sussex County who currently hold, or have held, elected public office at any level. This includes elected Boards of Education, and non-partisan town councils and committees.
• All registered Democrats, residing in Sussex County, who were nominated by Democratic voters in the most recent primary election.
• One male and one female representative from each Democratic Club organized at the local or county level, whose by-laws have been approved by the SCDC Executive Committee.
- March 25, 2018 at 8:30am – 11:30am
Walden Village Club House
1 Rolling Brook Way and Route 94
Hamburg, NJ 07419
Google map and directions
- 33 people are going