"As a citizen, you need to know how to be a part of it, how to express yourself - and not just by voting."
- Sandra Day O'Connor
Here is a list of organizations we support:
- Action Together Sussex County: Action Together Sussex County is our local county chapter of Action Together NJ, which is a grassroots, self funded organization of 14,000 like minded voters that are concerned with protecting our rights, our civil liberties, and the rights and civil liberties of others.
- NJ 11th For Change: This is an advocacy group for people across the district looking for change in representation for the district in Congress.
- Northwest NJ Timebank: The Timebank is a community-wide circle of giving that encourages people to give of their talents and receive help with their unmet needs in return.
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of NJ: PPAFNJ is a nonpartisan, independent, non-profit social welfare organization, and the advocacy arm of the Planned Parenthood Affiliates in NJ. They advocate for access to essential healthcare through education, activism, voter engagement, grassroots organizing, and legislative advocacy.
- Million Mom March - Sussex County Chapter: The Million Mom March is a grassroots movement started by Donna Dees-Thomases after the tragic shooting in Granada Hills, California on August 10, 1999. Chapters of The Brady Campaign and Million Mom March work within their local communities and in Washington to bring about change at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Sussex County NOW: This is the Sussex County chapter of the National Organization for Women.
- Transition Newton and NW New Jersey: 'Transition' is a grassroots organization in Newton, NJ and surrounding areas concerned about the effects of climate change, peak oil and economic instability.
- Warren County Democratic Committee: The Warren County Democratic Committee represents the 5th and 7th Congressional districts, as well as the 23rd and 24th districts of New Jersey, our sister organization in Warren County. The are committed to helping Warren County Democrats organize local issue and electoral campaigns that promote democratic ideals and positively impact the quality of life and government within the 22 communities of Warren County, as well as supporting regional and national efforts of the Democratic Party at large.
- Warren/Sussex County NAACP: The national association of the NAACP, of which the Warren/Sussex County Branch is a part of, was founded in 1909 and is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors. The Warren/Sussex County Branch of the NAACP was chartered in 2008.
Here are other Democratic Party organizations:
- Democratic National Committee
- New Jersey Democratic State Committee
- Democracy For America
- Progressive Democrats of America